Copper Arrowheads

Printer-friendly versionPrinter-friendly version

Arrow heads
Elwin Bay, Prince Regent Inlet
Copper

Donated by Capt. A Fairweather, 1894
Museum number 1972-546

These arrow heads were found by Capt Fairweather (1844-1896) during a whaling expedition beyond the Arctic Circle with the ship 'Balaena' He came across the remains of a settlement in which all the inhabitants had starved to death. The starvation of whole villages was not uncommon, when food was scarce in winter.

Copper Arrowheads
Funding Logos